Frequently Asked Questions
Snowcat Ridge is Florida’s only alpine snow park, located minutes north of Tampa, Florida.
Below you’ll find a list of frequently asked questions and their answers:
Face coverings are not required.
Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present and we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit.
Should I buy tickets online or at the box office? If your ticketing page says “SOLD OUT” can I still buy tickets at the box office?
Due to the popularity and limited capacity of our facility, we highly recommend that all guests pre-purchase their tickets online to guarantee access to our park.
If a particular time slot sells out, tickets will not be available at the box office.
If I purchase a GENERAL ADMISSION ticket for a particular time slot, do I have to show up at that time? What if I show up earlier or later than my time slot? Will I be able to visit the Arctic Igloo if my time slot ends at the same time the park closes?
There’s some important information to know regarding the time slot printed on each General Admission ticket:
- The time slot printed on your General Admission ticket indicates your Snowy Slopes snow tubing session’s start and end time. Upon arriving at Snowcat Ridge, you will be issued a wristband with your Snowy Slopes snow tubing session’s start and end time, corresponding to your ticket.
- If you arrive earlier than your Snowy Slopes snow tubing session’s start time, you may visit the Arctic Igloo, Crystal Ribbon, and Alpine Village until your Snowy Slopes snow tubing session starts.
- If you arrive later than your Snowy Slopes snow tubing session’s start time, you will not be credited with any additional time on Snowy Slopes, you may not transfer to another time slot and you will not be issued a full or partial refund. It is your responsibility to arrive on time for your Snowy Slopes snow tubing session.
- You may enter and exit Snowy Slopes as many times as you want during your Snowy Slopes snow tubing session, as indicated by your wristband.
- Once your Snowy Slopes snow tubing session ends, you must exit Snowy Slopes. You may continue to enjoy the Arctic Igloo, Crystal Ribbon, and Alpine Village until the park closes. If you are waiting in line at the top of Snowy Slopes when your snow tubing session ends, you may ride to the bottom of the hill and then exit Snowy Slopes.
- If your Snowy Slopes snow tubing session ends at the same time the park is scheduled to close, we highly recommend you arrive before your Snowy Slopes snow tubing session starts so you can enjoy the Arctic Igloo, Crystal Ribbon, and Alpine Village. The Arctic Igloo, Crystal Ribbon, and Alpine Village will not remain open after the park’s scheduled closing time.
If I purchase an GENERAL ADMISSION + UNLIMITED SNOW TUBING ticket for a particular time slot, do I have to show up at that time? What if I show up earlier or later than my time slot? Will I be able to visit the Arctic Igloo if my time slot ends at the same time the park closes?
There’s some important information to know regarding the time slot printed on each General Admission + Unlimited Snow Tubing ticket:
- The starting time printed on your General Admission + Unlimited Snow Tubing ticket indicates the time you should arrive at Snowcat Ridge. Because of limited capacity at our facility, we request that you refrain from arriving more than 30 minutes earlier or later than the starting time listed on your Unlimited Snow Tubing upgrade ticket.
- Upon arriving at Snowcat Ridge, you will be issued a wristband which allows unlimited snow tubing on Snowy Slopes, until park closing.
- You may enter and exit Snowy Slopes as many times as you want during your Snowy Slopes snow tubing session.
- You may continue to enjoy the Arctic Igloo, Crystal Ribbon, and Alpine Village until the park closes. The Arctic Igloo, Crystal Ribbon, and Alpine Village will not remain open after the park’s scheduled closing time.
There are three ways to purchase tickets:
- Tickets may be purchased on the tickets page of our website. The cheapest tickets will always be found on the tickets page of our website.
- You may purchase tickets on site at the box office. Please note tickets purchased at the box office are $5 more than the online ticket price.
There are three ways to access your tickets after purchase:
- Log in to the Showclix website to access your tickets.
- Bring your ID to the box office upon arrival so we can assist you to retrieve your tickets.
- Contact customer support by submitting a contact form.
The ticket transfer window ends 24 hours before the start of the time slot listed on your ticket. Tickets may not be transferred within 24 hours of the start of the time slot listed on your ticket. Ticket transfers are subject to a $5 per ticket transfer fee (plus tax), as well as any price difference between the original amount paid and the price for the same ticket type on the new day of attendance.
The price difference at the time of transfer will be calculated as:
The ticket price listed on the website on the new day of attendance
The original amount paid.
A refund will not be issued if the original ticket price is higher than the ticket price for the new day of attendance, nor will this amount be applied to the $5 per ticket transfer fee.
The ticket transfer fee is not refundable. If your new date of attendance happens to be cancelled, you will receive a full refund of your original purchase price but you will not receive a refund of the transfer fee.
Guests must transfer their ticket to a new date. Tickets transfers cannot be “held” for a future, unselected date.
TO INITIATE A TICKET TRANSFER:
- Contact the Showclix ticketing support line on Thursdays from 3pm to 6pm, Fridays from 3pm to 8pm, or Saturdays & Sundays from 9am to 4pm by calling (352) 579-6650. (The Showclix ticketing support line is closed on Mondays, Tuesday, and Wednesdays.)
- NOTE: The Showclix ticketing support line is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas
Purchasing a ticket to Snowcat Ridge is the same as purchasing a ticket for a movie or concert event. All sales are final. We do not issue refunds on any tickets or purchases.
Snowcat Ridge is open rain, snow or shine. We do not offer refunds or rain checks to those customers who do not wish to attend due to weather considerations.
Should Snowcat Ridge management decide to close the park due to safety considerations, customers will receive a full refund. However, it is up to the sole discretion of Snowcat Ridge management whether to close the park, and no refunds or rain checks will be offered if Snowcat Ridge management decides to operate in less than ideal weather conditions.
All customers age 2 and older must purchase a General Admission ticket to enter Snowcat Ridge, regardless of whether they visit the other attractions or not.
Children under 2 years old are not required to have a General Admission ticket, but all other members of their party 2 years old and older must have a General Admission ticket to gain admission to Snowcat Ridge.
Yes, all of the snow at Snowcat Ridge is 100% real snow.
Our snow is only made of only one ingredient: water.
Making snow in Florida requires a lot of magic.
Our insurance company requires all guests age 2 years old and older to complete a waiver before entering our park. Guests under 18 years old must have their parent’s or guardian’s signature on their waiver. Entry into the park without correctly completing a waiver will be considered trespassing.
We recommend you complete your waiver ahead of time at Waiver.SnowcatRidge.com – Do NOT email or mail your waiver to us. Your completed hard copy waiver must be presented in person at the main entrance of the park.
Hard copy waivers will also be available on site, but please be aware that completing your waiver on site may delay your entrance into the park.
Regardless, we recommend you arrive 30 minutes before the start of your Snowy Slopes snow tubing session to allow enough time for parking & waiver check in, and to maximize your time on Snowy Slopes.
The Crystal Ribbon, Arctic Igloo, Alpine Village, and Eskimo Outpost are all wheelchair accessible. Please note:
- The Crystal Ribbon is wheelchair accessible within the main ice skating rink. Guests in wheelchairs must maintain control of their wheelchair at all times while on the ice. Guests in wheelchairs may not travel on the main ice ribbon path.
- The floor of the Arctic Igloo is snow covered and will be slippery, wet and have uneven terrain.
- The Alpine Village and Eskimo Outpost are both hard surfaced throughout.
Please note that Snowy Slopes is not wheelchair accessible.
Pets are not allowed at our facility.
Service animals are allowed in the Alpine Village & Eskimo Outpost only and are not allowed onto Snowy Slopes, onto Crystal Ribbon or inside the Arctic Igloo.
Each attraction at Snowcat Ridge is subject to special restrictions. Please visit each attraction page for full details on any age, height, weight, or general access restrictions:
What are the rules, attraction capacities, and important information for Snowy Slopes, Arctic Igloo, Crystal Ribbon, Alpine Village, and Eskimo Outpost?
Each attraction at Snowcat Ridge has its own rules, attraction capacities, and important information. Please visit each attraction page a full list of rules, attraction capacities, and important information:
A limited number of Unlimited Snow Tubing upgrade tickets will be available at the customer service desk, located in the Alpine Village.
We are open on select dates from November through February. A full list of our official dates and hours can be found on the hours page.
Please note that the length of our season may change depending on the prevailing weather conditions.
Exact attraction opening times are as follows:
- The box office opens 30 minutes before the park opening time.
- The Alpine Village opens 15 minutes before the park opening time.
- Snowy Slopes, the Arctic Igloo and Crystal Ribbon open at the park opening time.
All attractions close at the park closing time.
Yes, there is a $15 parking fee (including sales tax) for each vehicle.
You can pre-purchase a parking pass through the Snowcat Ridge tickets page or you can pay when you arrive (preferably cash).
The General Admission ticket includes a 2-hour snow tubing session on Snowy Slopes and all-day access to the Arctic Igloo, Alpine Village and Crystal Ribbon until park closing. Ice skate rental is not included. Children under 2 are free.
The General Admission + Unlimited Snow Tubing ticket includes unlimited tubing on Snowy Slopes and all-day access to the Arctic Igloo, Alpine Village and Crystal Ribbon until park closing. Ice skate rental is not included. Children under 2 are free.
For those who wish to upgrade their General Admission ticket after purchase with an Unlimited Snow Tubing ticket, a limited number of Unlimited Snow Tubing upgrade tickets will be available at the customer service desk, located in the Alpine Village.
All-day locker rental is available in the Alpine Village and at the Crystal Ribbon for $5. Lockers measure 12″ wide, 15″ deep, and 24″ tall. Lockers are first come, first serve. Visit the customer service desk or Crystal Ribbon upon arrival to rent your locker for the day.
Lost and found is handled by on-site box office staff.
Please note that on-site box office staff cannot process ticket sales or transfers over the phone. On-site box office staff primarily handle in-person ticket sales and assist customers with lost & found items. If you have another issue you’d like to discuss with our team, we highly recommend you submit a contact form through our website. Our online support team is available 7 days a week and answers most website contact form submissions in under an hour.
On-site box office staff are not available outside of normal park operating hours. The box office can be reached directly by calling 813-492-2534.
Yes. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover for both online purchases and throughout our park.
Yes. Please visit our group sales page for more information.
Discount group tickets are only available online and are not available at the box office.
Yes. Customers may bring their own ice skates to use on the Crystal Ribbon. We also have ice skates to rent for $9.95 for those guests who do not own their own.
Helmet rental and ice skate training aid rental is also available. Please visit the Crystal Ribbon page for more information.
The Snowy Slopes, Arctic Igloo, and Crystal Ribbon attractions at Snowcat Ridge are not recommended for those who are pregnant, have heart conditions or are in general poor health. If you have any of these conditions, we highly recommend you refrain from visiting the Snowy Slopes, Arctic Igloo, and Crystal Ribbon attractions.
The music and light show on Snowy Slopes and the Crystal Ribbon starts each evening at sunset and continues until park closing.
The theme lights inside the Arctic Igloo may periodically feature strobing effects during both the day and night.
Our light show on Snowy Slopes and Crystal Ribbon periodically features strobing effects.
Please note that the Snowy Slopes, Crystal Ribbon, and Arctic Igloo strobing lights are visible from both the Alpine Village and Eskimo Outpost.
Guests must wear appropriate clothing. This is real snow! Snow is wet, cold and slippery. The Arctic Igloo temperatures (being “arctic” and an “igloo”) hover around 30 degrees Fahrenheit.
We recommend wearing warm, water-resistant clothes including gloves and boots. Closed toes secure shoes are required on Snowy Slopes and in the Arctic Igloo. Layering is also recommended, as you might start out cold and then gradually warm up as you play in the snow. You may also consider bringing a change of clothing.
Socks are required to rent ice skates at the Crystal Ribbon. Socks are available for purchase at the gift shop.
If you don’t own any winter clothing, Snowcat Ridge sells basic snow gear like hats, gloves and sweaters.
Does Snowcat Ridge have a security team? Can we be ejected from the facility for inappropriate behavior or for breaking the rules?
We employ safety and security staff throughout our facility.
We do not allow foul language, fighting, weapons of any kind, drugs or other unacceptable and illegal behavior.
Those who are ejected from the facility will not receive a refund and will not be allowed to return to the facility.
Yes. We sell a full complement of food, beverages, beer and wine.
Please note that state law does not allow customers to bring alcohol onto our property. Additionally, we do not allow admission into our facility or attractions if you are intoxicated.
You are not allowed to bring pets, laser pointers, firearms or weapons into our facility. Outside food and beverages are not allowed, with the exception of a personal bottle of water and infant food.
Food and beverages purchased at our facility are only allowed in the Alpine Village, and are not allowed on Snowy Slopes or inside the Arctic Igloo.
The Eskimo Outpost is the perfect place to host your next birthday party, company event, or family outing. The Eskimo Outpost is located adjacent to Snowy Slopes, and features 8 private igloo rentals available for up to 20 guests each.
Guests may also celebrate their birthday in the Alpine Village, but all pavilions and picnic tables in the Alpine Village are first come, first serve.
The follow rules apply to all outside food and beverage:
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed, with the exception of a personal bottle of water and infant food. However, guests celebrating a birthday may bring a cake or cupcakes, but ice cream is not allowed.
- Guests may not bring coolers of any type into the park, unless they are used solely for infant food.
- We do not offer cake for sale, but our food court offers an assortment of ice cream, snacks, food, and candy, including s’mores and other sweet treats.
- Food and beverages purchased at our facility are only allowed in the Alpine Village and in the Eskimo Outpost, and are not allowed on Snowy Slopes, inside the Arctic Igloo, or on the Crystal Ribbon.
Smoking is only allowed in the parking lot and in the Alpine Village.
Smoking is not allowed in any queue lines, nor allowed in the Arctic Igloo, Crystal Ribbon, Snowy Slopes, or Eskimo Outpost.
Showclix is the official ticket service provider of Snowcat Ridge.
The $3.45 fee applies to admission tickets only and does not apply to ice skate rental or parking passes. The online ticketing service fee collected by Showclix covers the cost of online ticket processing, credit card processing fees and ticket agent support provided by Showclix.
You may enter and leave Snowcat Ridge on the same day, as long as you get your hand stamped by one of the staff at the main entrance/exit of the park.
Please note that you must continue to wear your wristband and show your hand stamp to re-enter the park.
You must be at least 16 years old to work at Snowcat Ridge.
If you would like to work at Snowcat Ridge, please visit our jobs page to request an interview.