SNOW TUBING FUN!
Snowy Slopes is a 60-foot tall, 400-foot long snow tubing hill featuring single, tandem, and 10-person snow tubing. Even better, riders will be transported to the top of the hill using a pair of moving sidewalk conveyor lifts.
Snowy Slopes also features a nightly music and light show visible throughout the park.
Each General Admission ticket includes a 2-hour snow tubing session, while the Unlimited Snow Tubing Upgrade includes all-day snow tubing until park closing. A General Admission ticket is required for all guests 2 years old and older. Riders may alternate between single, tandem, and 10-person tubing throughout their session.
All tubes – All riders must be able to hold on to their tube’s safety handles and tuck their legs into their tube.
Single tubes – Riders must be at least 42″ tall and weigh no more than 300 pounds. Riders must be at least 6 years old.
Tandem tubes – Both riders must be at least 42″ tall. The combined weight of both riders must not exceed 400 pounds. The rear rider must be at least 12 years old and the front rider must be at least 4 years old.
10-Person tubes – Riders must be at least 32″ tall and each weigh no more than 300 pounds. Riders must be at least 2 years old.
- 10-Person snow tubes have a minimum capacity of 8 riders and a maximum capacity of 10 riders. Smaller groups of riders will be combined with other groups to maximize 10-person snow tube capacity and minimize wait times. Please note that staff may reduce the capacity of 10-person snow tubes depending on the combined size of the riders.
- The top of Snowy Slopes is not accessible by strollers or wheelchairs.
- Due to their popularity with guests, we have increased the number of available tandem tubes and 10-person tubes on Snowy Slopes. Please note that a limited number of single tubes will be available during any given time slot.
- Riders must wear closed toe secure shoes.
- Loose clothing, long hair, necklaces, and other loose articles must be secured to prevent contact with conveyors, and to prevent articles from coming off while riding down the hill. Hats must be worn backwards or removed during the ride.
- For your safety, guests are not allowed to retrieve lost articles dropped onto the face of Snowy Slopes. If you lose an article on the hill our maintenance staff will not be able to retrieve your item until the ride is temporarily closed, which may be some time later in the day.
- Phones, cameras and video equipment may not be used during the ride.
- Hold onto the snow tube handles at all times during the ride.
- Keep your legs tucked inside of the tube at all times during the ride.
- Remain seated during the ride until the snow tube comes to a complete stop.
- When tube comes to a complete stop at the bottom of the hill, stay in your snow tubing lane and walk to the exit. Do not step over the lane divider and onto other snow tubing lanes.
- Due to state regulations, guests may not wait at the bottom of the hill. Guests may only wait in the tube corral waiting area, which is conveniently located next to Snowy Slopes and provides an excellent view of all tubing lanes.
- Riders must use the snow tubing equipment provided by Snowcat Ridge and may not bring their own equipment.
- Riders must wear appropriate clothing. This is real snow! Snow is wet, cold and slippery. We recommend wearing warm, water-resistant clothes including gloves and boots. Layering is also recommended, as you might start out cold and then gradually warm up as you play in the snow. You may also consider bringing a change of clothing. If you don’t own any winter clothing, Snowcat Ridge sells basic snow gear like hats, gloves and sweatshirts.
- Use caution when loading onto the moving sidewalk.
- Remain stationary while riding the moving sidewalk. Do not walk on the moving sidewalk or step off.
- Remain standing and do not sit on the moving sidewalk
- Hold on to your tube strap at all times while riding the moving sidewalk.
- At the top of the moving sidewalk, always exit to the right and use caution as you step off.
As you can imagine, snow tubing in Florida works a bit differently than up north. For the safety of our guests, we do not blow snow on any of the entry lines, exit lines, or staging areas of Snowy Slopes, including the entry and exit lines at the top and bottom of the slopes. Only the sliding face of Snowy Slopes is covered in a mixture of snow & ice (as ice forms when snow compacts and/or melts and re-freezes).
(Customers wishing to stand on and play in snow should visit the Arctic Igloo, where they will find 100+ tons of snow).
Snowy Slopes is located entirely outdoors and we do not have a cover over the face of the hill. Consequently, the face of Snowy Slopes is affected by air temperature, wind, rain, and the sun. Our maintenance crew works every night to build up the thick frozen sliding layer on the face of Snowy Slopes, which is always kept chilled below freezing.
At the start of the day, the face of Snowy Slopes may appear frosted but as the sun rises the very thin top layer of Snowy Slopes may melt and the slopes may appear glossy, while the thick layer of compacted snow and ice remains frozen underneath. As the sun sets, the very thin top layer will re-freeze and the slopes will again frost over. Rain, wind, and humidity also affect the slope. During humid nights, a layer of low-lying fog may appear at the bottom of Snowy Slopes and an additional frosty layer may form on the face of the slope.
Because of these various factors, snow tubes travel at different speeds throughout the day. Our team uses different tools to the monitor and adjust the speed of snow tubes travelling down the hill by adding snow on particular lanes, adjusting friction mats, and using a mixture of hard-bottomed & soft-bottomed tubes. Lane dividers are also embedded on the sides of each lane and are tall enough to ensure tubes cannot travel outside of their lane.
Snow tubing in Florida is a unique experience, only found at Snowcat Ridge. The safety of our guests is our top priority and our team works hard to monitor slope conditions every day to ensure all guests have a safe and fun tubing adventure at our park.